I now feel like I’ve been working on the front wiring harness forever. But I did accomplish something today. Part of the wiring is mounting all of the fuseboxes, relays, and other electrical bits to the frame. There’s not a lot of room, and there are a surprising number of these bits. Today I finished the following bracket.
It’s a bit overly complex, but it holds the main fusebox, the ignitor, and the purge solenoid with a single bracket. And it tucks the whole mess into an out of the way corner. As you can see, topping off the windshield washer fluid is going to be a bit of a pain though.
I’m also nearing completion on another bracket which holds the interior fusebox and all of the relays and flashers. After that, there’s just one more for the diagnostic port on the left side.
I’ve also taken about 18 inches out of all of the wires that go from one side of the car to the other so that there isn’t a bunch of excess piled up under the scuttle.