I spent a lot of time on the wiring this weekend. Mostly on the wiper motor, the only Lucas part in the car. After a lot of running around in circles, I finally measured the resistance to ground. It was way high, so I was getting 12V but no amps. I ran in a fresh ground line and everything started working.
After putting the wipers back together I started on the gauges. I’ve got the dash hanging from the top of the windshield so it’s easier to poke around behind it.
I put a couple of couple of weather packs in and five of the gauges are now up and running.
I still have the speedo to do, plus the switches and idiot lights. Then I can install the dash!