Last weekend we did the first test fit of the engine in the Westfield. The idea was to get all of the mounting holes drilled while there’s still plenty of room to work. We’ll pull it out again to replace the clutch & timing belt while we finish assembling the rest of the car
I had a pretty good set of helpers.
Even though I haven’t put in things like the radiator or steering, it is still a little tricky to get the engine in.
You go over the front of the frame, and then you duck the back of the transmission down under the scuttle and move everything back. The load leveler on the engine hoist is a big help for this part.
Once it was standing on its mounts, we disconnected the chains and moved the hoist away.
Everyone was pretty excited about the result.