I finally finished rebuilding the brakes on the Miata today. The right rear had been dragging and the disks were getting kind of ratty, so I rebuilt everything. It didn’t go too smoothly. It was supposed to be my start of spring project, but I couldn’t find one of the parts locally, so I mail ordered it. Unfortunately, I got the part number wrong. The part I got was off by about 1/4”, so it took a while before we figured out what was wrong. Then we had to wait for that part to go back to Moss Motors and the correct part to show up. Between that, rainy weekends, and busy weekends, this project has dragged on for weeks.
I don’t have a picture of the work in progress because I was a greasy mess and nobody clean was around to act as photographer. Here’s the pile of old parts though.
The kids enjoyed learning how to bleed brakelines and cleaning the Cosmoline off the new disks.
The brakes feel great now. Nice and smooth. It’s nice to have that project done finally.