Today we set up our latest toy and started figuring out how to use it. Peter took a welding course recently, so he was teaching the rest of us. We started by using flux cored wire. That was a little frustrating at first. Lots of spatter, slag, and burn through while we fiddled with the settings. It was kind of like stick welding, but with more adjustments to mess up.
Then we switched to real MIG welding mode with plain wire and a 25% mix shielding gas. Wow, that was much nicer. Really smooth and a lot easier to control. We had a lot of fun with it.
We also found this nice website with lots of good tutorials and project ideas.